Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mavis Research I

I want to detail the gun positions, so I needed to do some research. I acquired a copy of Model Art #541 on Japanese Flying Boats that proved to be a treasure trove of detail!

DORSAL TURRET

I found that the dorsal turret is probably a sliding cover affair represented by Part # 67 in the kit (this part will need to be scaled down as it's way to heavy looking) and appears to have a wind deflector that Hasegawa represents as a window with clear part # 78.

20MM TAIL GUN MOUNT

Mavis and Emily both use a clam-shell like enclosure for the tail gun. The mount for Mavis seems most similar to the 20mm cannon on the tail of the Betty . So here's a comparison of detail views from the Model Art special and the instruction sheet from Tamiya for their kit of the G4M Betty:



No comments:

Post a Comment